Tuesday, November 18, 2008

playoff system? yes we can.

The change we need. And by "we," I mean NCAA Division I (or Bowl Subdivision, if you prefer*) football. Barack Obama, our president elect, has come out on the side of a playoff. So Barack Obama is a Bears fan who wants a playoff for college football. If I see him at a State game buddying up with Rod Brind'Amour, I'm ready to declare him the greatest president ever without him having even been sworn in.

Of course, with the political season having not yet died down, he even took a shot at those who disagree with him; adding "I don't know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this." John Swofford is not a serious fan of college football.

*No one does.

1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

On a completely different note... have you heard the new GnR? I heard several tracks on the way into work today and the dj is right, it sounds an awful lot like NIN. Take that for what it's worth.