Monday, December 10, 2007

chapter 14: wherein the Bears listen to me

Some quarterback got himself sentenced today, but that's not the big news. The biggest QB news to come across the wire today is that former rookie sensation Kyle Orton will be the Bears' starter come Monday night.

It's been a dismal season. The best team in football is the Patriots, a team I am entirely sick of hearing about. Compound that with how I'm sick of hearing about the Red Sox and the Celtics, and you've got a pretty rotten go of it. In the NFC, the two powers are the dirty cheating Packers and the dirty criminal Cowboys(I know it's been a while, but still...). I'm looking at a playoff chase that features teams I don't like in The Bucs, The New York Football Giants, The Vikings, The Jaguars, The Steelers, and a few more that I don't actively dislike but don't particularly care about either.

I've been begging for a reason to care about the remainder of the season. Kyle Orton will do for at least one Monday Night.

2 comments:

Ross White said...

Should you require assistance in watching this game, holler at me. (Also, Tomato Jake's has MNF specials.)

I do not care about football.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Kyle Orton FTW!