Thursday, January 4, 2007

2006 recap/2007 forecast

Going by the pattern established in last year's wrap up entry, what I learned in 2006 on a month-by-month basis.

January: I learned I need to be better at prioritizing my life.
February: I learned that there's no such thing as a sure thing.
March: I learned(or, rather, continued to learn) that Herb Sendek was useless.
April: I learned that Joey Greene and I don't look so much alike anymore, but he still loves the Archers of Loaf.
May: I learned that improv should never feel like a chore.
June: I learned that the Carolina Hurricanes are the Stanley Cup Champions!
July: I learned that I'm horrible at keeping secrets, especially where engagments are concerned.
August: I learned that Pacific Air flight 121 is filled with deadly snakes!
September: I learned that planning a wedding is much like planning a circus.
October: I learned that a big drink isn't just good, it's sonic good.
November: I learned that I can go back.
December: I learned that I'm marrying into a heckuva family.

How did last year's preview pan out?

- I lost weight, got back in reasonable shape. Then I gained it back and got back into a round shape.
- I failed to get into grad school. I regrouped and reapplied.
- I kept my soul-crushing job for much longer than anticipated, but I also made use of the benefits.
- I quit DSI citing my lack of purpose and fun. I rejoined Comedy Worx and seem well on my way to regaining both.
- I proposed to Andi, thusly further committing myself to making sure she's happy.
- I did some writing, but not very good writing.

So what's up in '07?

- There's a wedding in April. That'll be pretty neat.
- There's the chance that I'll actually be in school and moving towards a job that I'll feel good about having.
- There's my renewed commitment to being less fat and in better shape.
- I'm going to do more writing. Better writing. This blog, among other things I've written, is littered with misspellings and typos. I possibly could have lived with the simpler ones, but it's tougher to swallow some of the more horrid errors like there/their/they're flubs and who's/whose mistakes. I didn't even know I was capable of such foolishness until I started checking out old entries. I appologize to certain readers that I know started bleeding from the eyes upon seeing those little wonders.
- I'm going to branch out from the standard Comedy Worx shortform show one way or the other.

So hey, if all goes well I'll have a rather busy and productive 2007. We'll see how that goes...

No comments: