Thursday, March 13, 2008

is it ________ season yet?

Ah, the ACC tourney. I should be spending today pretending to work while listening to radio broadcasts and punching up stats on a web browser. Heck, I should maybe even be pretending to work in front of a TV in an office somewhere this afternoon. Instead, I'm having to actively pursue an office in which to engage in this nonsense come the next ACC tournament.

I wonder if the games will somehow be less exciting without the secrecy and running about. I wonder if knowing that the score is 38-35 in a game will matter if it isn't being shouted over the wall of a cubicle while I'm actually working and wishing that the thing I was working on wasn't so pressing so I could be pretending to work and listening to/watching a game where only three points separate the teams.

I'm going to be working on the whole gainful employment thing while watching the play-in tourney games this afternoon. You should stop by the house and either pretend to be checking up on me so I can scramble to minimize ESPN.com and shut down the TV. Or you could call me to ask for covert game updates. Anything to bring the true excitement of the ACC tournament home to me.

March. Madness.

1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

That would mean someone would have to have your phone number or be within driving distance to accomplish this feat. I think I'm SOL on both counts.