Monday, November 6, 2006

maybe if someone on tv says it

So I just read this article about how Aaron Sorkin, which contains some stuff I didn't previously know.

It also contains this blurb from Kristin Chenoweth, which should sound familiar to longtime readers of my chunk of netspace:

"It's getting to the point where I don't even want to call myself Christian, because the connotations of that word today are hate, non-acceptance, judgment — everything I believe Christianity isn't supposed to be about.


She goes on to talk about how the showbiz types give her a hard time about her faith while the "faithful" have turned their backs on her because her views don't line up just right with theirs. The more I think about it, the harder that part seems to hit home. I can't work on my faith within the church, because I feel like my point of view is growing more and more unwelcome there. I can't talk about my faith with many of those closest to me, because they can't separate it from the thing that the church has allowed itself to become.

It's more than a little bit frustrating. All of it.

No comments: